contact informationBaqia Halima Monteith, LMT #5637
(505) 280-7224 (cell)
my background and experienceMy life has been blessed by my love and appreciation for the amazing buoyant and healing water element! I became a WATSU® Practitioner in 1997. My life time commitment to the Aquatics Profession has been the inspiration for this event. First, as a Water Safety Instructor since my youth; second as a competitive synchronized swimmer and coach; third, as a Water Fitness Instructor for people of all ages and fitness levels; fourth as a Recreational Aquatic Therapist; and fifth as an Adapted Aquatics Instructor for people of all ages and abilities, which has informed all that I do.
Now I am a Licensed Massage Therapist in Albuquerque, NM. My life experience prepared me well for this profession. I bring the qualities of discipline, responsibility, knowledge, skill, creativity, humor and resourcefulness to my clients. In addition, I am blessed with the art of listening to the expressed needs, goals and desires of each client so that each massage treatment, whether on land or in the water, becomes a shared healing experience. Intuition or the ability to inwardly listen, is the key element of each massage process; I honor and respect this ability with the highest regard.
I look forward to meeting and co-creating healing experiences for everyone!
- WATSU® practitioner, trained with Harold Dull and has advanced training in Clinical Watsu and Jahara's Alternative Water Technique, Worldwide Aquatic Bodywork Association (WABA) member
- Master Teacher of Adapted Aquatics, American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAPHERD)
- Arthritis Foundation Instructor and Trainer
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society Instructor and Trainer
- Aquatic Exercise Association Member and Instructor
- U.S. Synchronized Swimming (USSS) Masters Synchronized Swimmer and member of new Team, High Desert Synchro
- CPR/AED certified